- Tuition must be paid in full upon registration in order to reserve a space in the class.
- The DVAEC reserves the right to cancel any courses and guarantees a full tuition refund in such cases.
- Classes cancelled by the DVAEC (e.g., inclement weather) will be rescheduled.
- Students may drop a course and obtain a full refund, minus a $10 processing fee, if written notification is received at least five business days prior to the first class. Absolutely no refunds can be granted after this time regardless of attendance.
- Cancellations sent via mail will be considered by the date received.
- Classes missed by students cannot be rescheduled or refunded.
- Makeup classes will not be provided to students who miss a regularly scheduled class.
- The DVAEC reserves the right to substitute faculty when necessary.
- All students should report promptly, but not arrive more than ten minutes prior to scheduled start time of class.
- All students in children’s classes must be picked up, on time, after each class by an authorized adult. Parents/guardians must assume full responsibility for their own children before and after class.
- Students in the adult classes are responsible for obtaining their own supplies. Students enrolled in the youth and children’s classes are provided with art supplies, unless otherwise noted in the initial class schedule.
- The DVAEC reserves the right to ask any student to leave if he or she is disruptive or interferes with the safety of others. There will be no refund if this occurs.
- Students are not permitted in classrooms other than during times specified.
- Safety and use of safe art supplies are a must in all DVAEC classes and workshops.
- Payment of class fees implies acceptance of all policies stated in this outline.
Master Artist Workshop Policies
- Refunds are granted only if written notice has been received at least 30 days prior to workshop. No refunds after this date. The refund equals the amount paid by the student, minus a $75 handling fee.
- In the event that the DVAEC cancels a workshop, students will receive a full tuition refund.
The Delaplaine makes every effort to provide full access to all activities and educational opportunities. To ensure that we can assist students with disabilities and address their individual needs, we ask for your help:
- Students with a need for accommodations must submit a signed request form two weeks in advance. Download the ADA Policies and form or request one by calling 301-698-0656, ext. 107.
- We require appropriate documentation of disabilities.
M&T Seniors Scholarship in the Arts
- Register for a M&T Senior Scholarship in the Arts by calling 301-698-0656, ext. 107 two weeks before the class begins. One class per session. Spaces are limited.
- To receive a scholarship, the student must be a Delaplaine member and over 65.
- Scholarships cover all tuition – students pay for required supplies.
- To apply for a scholarship, contact Kevin Moriarty at 301-698-0656, ext. 107.
- A senior may apply for a scholarship for one class per session.
- Scholarships are not available for Master Artist Workshops.
- In any one class, no more than 50% of the students can be enrolled as scholarship students. However, additional spaces may be made available one week prior to the first class. Inquire one week before the class begins to determine whether additional spaces have been made available.